What is the 5G Network?
5G is the fifth generation mobile network which is the new global wireless standard after 1G, 2G, 3G and 4G networks. The 5G network is designed to connect everyone and everything, including devices, objects, and machines.
5G wireless technology is intended to deliver a consistent user experience to a larger user base, higher availability, large network capacity, improved reliability, ultra-low latency, and higher maximum data speeds of several Gbps (gigabits per second).
Why is the 5G network important?
5G wireless technology will deliver unprecedented connection speeds as well as many features not available in previous generations of wireless technology.
5G uses state-of-the-art, cloud-based, and software-defined technology to extend wireless spectrum and increase bandwidth, ensuring you can connect more devices to a network simultaneously. Due to its ultra-low latency, 5G technology continues to grow in popularity for both general and business use.
5G technology use cases cover a wide range, from live streaming to smart cities, smart factories, autonomous vehicles and drones. Since 5G network access is not widespread at the moment, many businesses are turning to 5G private networks and benefiting from higher security and lower latency compared to public 5G networks.
Also read: 5G cybersecurity risks and how to address them
Major 5G Network Providers
Ericsson Private 5G
Ericsson Private 5G fosters the possibilities for innovation and real-time, data-driven business automation. The 5G enterprise Internet network offers various features, including high network security, operation automation, remote control of any process, real-time control of each business process, flexible design, and high-performance demand handling.
- Ericsson Private 5G is a next-generation private network created to modernize and digitize business process infrastructure and operations.
- The private network is designed to support a wide range of needs, requirements, and deployment sizes.
- Ericsson Private 5G is a future-proof, scalable private network that is easy to install and comes with pre-integrated components.
- The end-to-end security of the private network ensures data privacy.
- The 5G network provides secure and robust communication with constant latency.
- Ericsson Private 5G can handle the high-performance requirements of modern smart installations powered by the Internet of Things (IoT).
- By employing Ericsson Private 5G, companies can unlock use cases and applications such as augmented reality (AR), edge computing, automation, and advanced manufacturing.
Prices: Please contact Ericsson sales team for pricing details.
AirScale Cloud RAN
AirScale Cloud RAN by Nokia enriches the potential of existing enterprise cloud infrastructure with real-time 5G wireless connectivity. 5G provider characteristics include openness, flexibility, and agility.
- AirScale Cloud RAN helps businesses start their digital transformation with 5G wireless connectivity.
- With radio access network (RAN) virtualization, you can use shared edge infrastructure for edge cloud deployments.
- This architectural evolution of RANs introduces 5G radio capability for a variety of innovative services and technologies that enable the establishment of new business and revenue models.
- AirScale Cloud RAN enables close collaboration with public cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Google Cloud.
- Shared cloud infrastructure enables efficient and cost-effective use of network resources.
- The 5G network provider enables the co-hosting of business applications in the local cloud at the edge of the network.
- AirScale Cloud RAN enables automation and simplification of network operations.
Prices: Contact Nokia sales team for pricing information.
AT&T Business Mobility
AT&T Business Mobility Provides secure, reliable and fast 5G network coverage. With services built for productivity and flexibility, AT&T Business Mobility helps improve the efficiency of your employees and the way they communicate with customers.
- You can get tailored solutions based on your 5G business needs.
- Select the right 5G wireless connectivity plan for each employee based on the services they need.
- With the help of a broad portfolio of wearables, tablets, and smartphones, you can mobilize your business and help your employees collaborate and work efficiently.
- Business tools like email marketing, online fax, web solutions and data backup improve the performance of your mobile workforce.
- AT&T ActiveArmor provides 24/7 proactive wireless network security.
- You can benefit from high-definition (HD) and 4K ultra-high-definition (UHD) video streaming.
- AT&T Business Fast Track benefits you in times of congestion by assigning higher priority to eligible business data.
Prices: AT&T offers three 5G wireless plans: AT&T Business Unlimited Elite, AT&T Business Unlimited Performance, and AT&T Business Unlimited Starter. AT&T Business Unlimited Elite is ideal for business use and costs $40 per month per line when you buy six lines.
Samsung CBRS Solutions
Samsung Citizens Broadband Radio Service (CBRS) The solutions provide ideal installation options to empower enterprises with easier introduction of private 5G networks and facilitate rapid network deployment.
- Samsung is equipped with CBRS equipment that can cover both indoor and outdoor environments, allowing businesses to select the optimal solution for an environment and services that need a private 5G network.
- Samsung’s comprehensive CBRS portfolio can facilitate a smooth and fast 5G deployment.
- The 5G provider offers simultaneous Long-Term Evolution (LTE) and 5G support.
- For businesses that want to operate an LTE network, Samsung offers an easy software upgrade path for a smooth transition to 5G New Radio (NR).
- CBRS Massive MIMO Radio is a vital solution that supports large data capacity, wide bandwidth and high speed.
- Other solutions include CBRS Radio and CBRS Outdoor Small Cell.
- Samsung CBRS solutions enable various use cases in the hospitality, residential, logistics, and utility sectors.
Prices: For more information, please contact Samsung sales team.
Also read: Best Managed Security Service Providers (MSSP) 2022
AWS Private 5G
AWS Private 5G is a 5G mobile provider that enables you to easily scale, manage, and deploy a private mobile network, with all the necessary software and hardware provided by AWS.
- AWS Private 5G allows you to create a private cellular network to take advantage of the benefits of 5G technology while maintaining the device controls, granular application, and security of a private network.
- Get your 5G network up and running in days with automated setup and without complex integrations or long planning cycles.
- You can connect to thousands of machines and devices with high bandwidth and low latency.
- Protect your private 5G network with granular access controls for each connected device, integrated with existing IT policies.
- Pay only for the performance and capacity you use, add devices with a few clicks, and scale your network capacity on demand.
- AWS Private 5G use cases include delivering reliable business connectivity, enabling business-critical applications, and running a smart manufacturing facility.
Prices: Contact the Amazon sales team for more information.
Choosing a 5G network provider
5G technology is the new global standard for mobile networks and is expected to improve the way people work and live. It is set to offer a much faster connection speed than previous mobile networks.
That said, we recommend that you visit each 5G provider’s website and check out the features, compare pricing plans, look at peer reviews, and shop for a 5G internet provider accordingly.
Read below: Top Infrastructure Monitoring Tools 2022