Equinix announced the appointments of Fidelma Russo and Jeetu Patel to the Equinix Board of Directors.
Russo will also serve as a member of the Board’s Audit Committee, and Patel will join the Nominating and Governance Committee. Effective June 9, 2022, his appointments bring the number of directors on the Equinix Board to 11.
As CTO of Hewlett Packard Enterprise, Russo leads the innovation agenda and technology roadmap, managing the design and development of GreenLake’s portfolio to bring edge-to-cloud customer experiences to market. He is passionate about working with clients to help them reinvent their information technology needs and provide a simple, consumable solution that helps drive business results.
Patel serves as Executive Vice President and General Manager of Security and Collaboration for Cisco. In addition to leading the strategy and development of these businesses, he is also responsible for the P&L of this multi-million dollar portfolio. Jeetu combines a bold vision, infused with product design and development expertise, operational rigor, and innate market understanding to create high-growth software-as-a-service (SaaS) businesses.
- Fidelma Russo was named chief technology officer of Hewlett Packard Enterprise in September 2021. She has more than 30 years of technology leadership spanning cloud services, machine learning and analytics, global IT business services, servers, storage, networking, backup and infrastructure.
- Prior to joining HPE, Russo served as Senior Vice President and General Manager of the Cloud Services Business Unit at VMware. He has also held a number of prominent senior leadership positions at Iron Mountain, EMC Corp., Hewlett-Packard Co. and Sun Microsystems, and served on the supervisory board of Wolters Kluwer BV.
- Russo has a BS in Electrical Engineering from University College Cork, an MS in Computer Science from Boston University, and completed the Internet of Things Executive Education Program at MIT’s Sloan School of Management. She currently serves as SBA’s Director of Communications and is a member of the Audit Committee and the Nominating and Governance Committee.
- Jeetu Patel, a member of the executive leadership team, is helping redefine Cisco’s SaaS business and strategy to further accelerate the company’s transformation and growth. There he is working to create world-class subscription-based products that solve Cisco customers’ biggest problems.
- Prior to joining Cisco, Patel was Chief Product Officer and Chief Strategy Officer at Box, a role he pioneered. Earlier in his career, Patel served as General Manager and CEO of EMC’s recently acquired Syncplicity business unit. Other key roles at EMC included CMO for the Information Intelligence Group and Chief Strategy Officer, where he drove the division’s organic and inorganic strategy for cloud and mobile growth. Previously, Patel was president of Doculabs, a research and advisory firm co-owned by Forrester Research.
- Jeetu has a Bachelor of Science in Information Decision Science from the University of Illinois, Chicago, and is currently a member of the board of directors of JLL, an American commercial real estate services company.
“We are delighted to bring two accomplished and experienced business leaders from world-class companies to the Equinix board of directors. We believe Fidelma and Jeetu’s careers and vital operational roles provide the relevant experience and deep understanding to be of tremendous benefit as we continue to create distinctive long-term value for Platform Equinix. I look forward to working with them as we support our clients on their digital transformation journeys,” said Peter Van Camp, CEO of Equinix.