Fremont, Calif. – The LoRa Alliance®the global association of companies supporting open LoRaWAN® standard for Internet of Things (IoT) Low Power Wide Area Networks (LPWANs), today announced the full schedule for the LoRaWAN World Expowhich will take place at the Palais des Congrès in Paris, on July 6 and 7, 2022. Having previously announced the highlights of the program and the environmental, social and governance (ESG) theme, the alliance has completed the agenda of the event with a strong technology theme for developers. , engineers and system integrators.
“LoRaWAN World Expo will be the most engaging IoT event of the year, where attendees will not only connect with industry thought leaders, but will also be fully immersed in hands-on technical exhibits and demonstrations,” said Donna Moore, CEO and President of the LoRa Alliance. “Come and learn all aspects of the LoRaWAN standard and why it is the leading IoT LPWAN solution on the market. Take advantage of the rich knowledge base of the LoRa Alliance ecosystem and get answers to your technical questions.”
Experience LoRaWAN in action inside the Palais des Congrès!
During the event, a private Actility ThingPark Enterprise LoRaWAN network will report live temperature, humidity, light, carbon dioxide, and occupancy states using data from Elsys, Parametric, and Sensative sensors installed at the facility. Sensor values will be transmitted via a Motorola Solutions LoRaWAN gateway and visualized via IoTthink’s KHEIRON Studio. Fifty attendees will be equipped with smart Abeeway badges whose locations will update on the event map in real time.
“In the seven years since the LoRa Alliance was formed, we have continually evolved the LoRaWAN standard, focusing on security, ease of implementation, and certification tools,” added Moore. “To address the growing IoT market, our members are also actively collaborating with other standards to co-develop solutions for key use cases. This ensures that the specific technical requirements of each application are met and that the right solutions are implemented to solve the needs of the market. If you are a developer, engineer or system integrator, there will be no better opportunity this year to interact with leading LoRaWAN technology experts.”
LoRaWAN Ease of use, flexibility and security
A mix of live demos and technical sessions will focus on the ease of use, flexible deployment options, and multi-RAN capabilities of LoRaWAN, with topics covering:
- Live Demo: QR Codes for Kairos and Microshare Zero Touch Deployments
- Live Demonstration: Satellites of Hangzhou Green Palm Technology Co., Ltd.
- Live Demo: LoRaWAN over IPv6 by Acklio and HT Micron
- Live Demo: FUOTA and OrbiWise Roaming
- LoRaWAN End-to-End Security Tutorial: Ensuring IoT Security Today and Tomorrow moderated by Alper Yegin, Actility and featuring MultiTech, Oxit, Semtech and Senet
- Disrupting IoT with Radio Convergence and OpenRoaming, Bruno Tomas, CTO, Wireless Broadband Alliance
- Master Class, IoT: Ideas vs. Reality, Ingi Diego, LORIOT
- DLMS on Multi-RAN Approaches to IoT, panel discussion moderated by Vincent Audebert, EDF, with Grupo Equatorial Energia and Acklio
- Using Adhesive-Like Sensors to Connect Smart Building Surfaces to the Cloud, Matt Johnson, LAIIER
- Using LoRaWAN and GS1 standards for asset tracking, panel discussion moderated by Pierre Gelpi, Semtech, with GS1 in Europe, SNCF and WITRAC
- Top Stories Behind Successful LoRaWAN Projects Using the STM32WL Ecosystem, Anicet Giaimo, STMicroelectronics
- Panel discussion on LoRaWAN and satellites moderated by Rémi Lorrain, Semtech, with Actility, EchoStar Mobile, Eutelsat and Lacuna Space
- Hands-On Session: Quickly Build a Private LoRaWAN Network with AWS IoT Core for LoRaWAN, Amazon Web Services (AWS), Kore Wireless, and MultiTech
- Diversity of Networks and Business Models with LoRaWAN, moderated by Rémi Lorrain, Semtech, with Actility, ATC Brasil, Everynet, Helium Foundation, NNNCo, Senet and SenRa
- Smart Cities Panel moderated by Will Townsend of Moor Insights & Strategy, featuring the City of Cary, North Carolina, the City of Gold Coast, Australia, and the City of Bernau, Germany
The value of LoRaWAN certification is another key focus of the event because it provides assurance to the market that devices will perform as intended. Featured activities and sessions include:
- Sensor wall showing gateways and LoRaWAN certificationCM sensors and how they address multiple vertical market applications
- Live Demo: LoRaWAN Certification Test Tool (LCTT) Demonstration by IMST
- New LoRa Alliance Vice President of Certification Paul Hampton will discuss the value of certification and the latest updates from the alliance
- LoRaWAN Certification Test Tool (LCTT) Pre-Test Tool Introduction, Itziar de la Torre, IMST GmbH
LoRaWAN Solution Demonstrations
Live demos will showcase LoRaWAN solutions and how they support a wide variety of vertical markets including smart industry, logistics, agriculture, cities, buildings, homes, and utilities:
- Approve-IT: Regulatory Certification Requirements for LoRaWAN Products and General Radio Certification Requirements Database
- Asystom: Predictive maintenance for Industry 4.0
- Dracula Technologies: tailor-made, sustainable indoor energy to power LoRaWAN devices
- Elvexys SA: Implementation of electrical measurements and fault detection in MV/LV stations. Transmission via LoRaWAN to various management and analysis systems.
- Murata: The power of two to connect many: powerful, fast and scalable solutions for IoT projects
- OrionM2M: Remote metering of hot and cold water, gas and electricity, monitoring of the heating system and smart lighting
- Politecnico di Torino: intelligent irrigation
- Thingy IoT: Monitoring Air Quality and Wildfire Smoke with Thingy AQ
- Urbit Group: Wireless and self-powered hybrid device to transfer sensor data to the cloud
- Wi6Labs: Cloud/Edge LoRaWAN private network solutions
“I can’t wait to welcome our ecosystem to Paris to discover the power of LoRaWAN and learn why LoRaWAN is dominating the LPWAN IoT market and adding tremendous value to businesses, people and the planet. Don’t miss out on this exclusive opportunity to hear from the biggest names in LPWAN,” said Moore.
Thanks to the main sponsors of LoRaWAN World Expo
- Platinum Level: Semtech
- Silver level: Actility, Birdz, KERLINK, RAKwireless, STMicroelectronics
- Bronze Level: AWS, Browan Communications, ControlliX, Digi International, Ivanti Wavelink, MClimate, MultiTech, Murata Manufacturing, OrbiWise, TEKTELIC
- Speaker Sponsor: Kiwi Technology; MachineQ, a Comcast company
Register now so as not to miss the opportunity to experience the LoRaWAN World Expo. Media and analysts are invited to attend the LoRaWAN World Expo at no cost. Contact [email protected] for registration details.
About the LoRa Alliance®
The LoRa Alliance® is an open non-profit association that has become one of the largest and fastest growing alliances in the technology sector since its inception in 2015. Its members collaborate closely and share expertise to develop and promote LoRaWAN® standard, which is the de facto global standard for carrier-grade, secure IoT LPWAN connectivity. LoRaWAN has the technical flexibility to address a wide range of IoT applications, both fixed and mobile, and a robust LoRaWAN certification program to ensure devices perform as specified. The LoRaWAN standard has been implemented by more than 170 major mobile network operators globally, with connectivity available worldwide. More information: lora-allianza.org
LoRa Alliance®LoRaWAN® and LoRaWAN certifiedCM are registered trademarks.
Stephanie Quinn, LoRa Alliance PR
+1 408 529 9685