Enterprises in the region can now harness the power of the Lumen platform to deploy applications and workloads at the edge of the cloud.
LONDON, July 12, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — lumen technologies (NYSE: LIGHT) is investing in its global Edge network and expanding its Edge Computing Solutions to Europe, providing the low-latency platform enterprises need to extend their high-bandwidth, data-intensive applications to the cloud edge. This expansion is part of Lumen’s continued investment in next-generation solutions that transform digital experiences and meet the demands of today’s global businesses.
“Edge computing is a game changer. It will drive the next wave of business innovation and growth in virtually every industry,” he said. Annette Murphy, Regional President, EMEA and APAC, Lumen Technologies. “Clients in Europe now you can harness the power of the Lumen platform, backed by Lumen’s extensive fiber footprint, to deploy data-intensive applications and workloads that demand ultra-low latency at the edge of the cloud. This offers maximum performance and reliability, as well as increased ability to power amazing digital experiences. Customers can focus their efforts on developing applications and bringing them to market, rather than time-consuming infrastructure deployment.”
Today, Lumen Edge Computing Solutions can meet approximately 70% of business demand within 5 milliseconds of latency in the UK. France, Germany, BelgiumY The Netherlands. Additional locations are planned for the end of the year. Lumen’s edge computing solutions bring together the power of the company’s expansive global fiber network, on-demand networking, integrated security and managed services, with edge facilities, compute and storage services. This enables fast and efficient deployment of applications and workloads at the edge, closer to the point of digital interaction. Customers can purchase Lumen Edge Computing Solutions online and, within an hour, gain access to high-power computing infrastructure on the Lumen platform.
Lumen Deals various edge infrastructure and services solutions to support business innovation and applications of the 4th Industrial Revolution. These include:
- Lumen Rim Bare Metal offers dedicated pay-as-you-go server hardware hosted in distributed locations and connected to Lumen’s global fiber network. Edge Bare Metal offers enhanced security and connectivity with single-tenancy dedicated servers designed to isolate and protect data and deliver high performance.
- Lumen Network Storage enables customers to take advantage of fast, scalable and secure storage wherever and whenever they need it. The service enables businesses and public sector organizations to ingest and update data at the edge using any file storage protocol that meets their needs.
- Lumen Edge Private Cloud provides a pre-engineered infrastructure for high-performance private cloud computing connected to Lumen’s global fiber network. Lumen Edge Private Cloud is fully managed by Lumen and helps businesses get to market quickly with the capacity needed for interaction-intensive applications.
- Edge Lumen Gateway is a scalable, multi-access Edge Compute (MEC) platform for on-premises. The service provides a computing platform for the delivery of multi-vendor virtualized IT, security and wide area network (WAN) applications at the facility edge.
- Lumen Edge Computing Solutions meets approximately 97% of business demand in the US and approximately 70% of business demand in the UK. France, Germany, BelgiumY The Netherlands within 5 milliseconds of latency.
- For an up-to-date list of live and planned Lumen Edge locations, please visit: https://www.lumen.com/en-uk/resources/network-maps.html#edge-roadmap
- As part of the implementation of Edge Computing Solutions in EuropeLumen enabled additional 100G MPLS and IP network connectivity, as well as increased power and cooling at key locations in the edge data center.
- Lumen manages and operates one of the largest, most connected and most interconnected networks in the world. It consists of approximately 500,000 (805,000 km) global fiber route miles and more than 190,000 buildings in the network, seamlessly connected to 2,200 public and private third-party data centers and leading providers of public cloud services.
- In EMEA, the Lumen network is comprised of approximately 42,000 (67,000 km) fiber route miles and connects to more than 2,500 buildings in the network and 540 public and private third-party data centers.
About Lumen Technologies and the people at Lumen:
Lumen is guided by our belief that humanity is at its best when technology advances the way we live and work. With approximately 500,000 fiber route miles and serving customers in more than 60 countries, we offer the fastest and most secure platform for applications and data to help businesses, government and communities deliver amazing experiences. Learn more about Lumen’s network, cloud edge, security, communication and collaboration solutions and our purpose of advancing human progress through technology at news.lumen.com/home, LinkedIn: /lumentechnologies, Twitter: @lumentechco, Facebook: /lumentechnologies, Instagram: @lumentetechnologies and YouTube: /lumentechnologies. Lumen and Lumen Technologies are registered trademarks in the United States.
SOURCE Lumen Technologies