Every business day, MSSP Alert broadcasts a flash list of news, analysis, and talk from across the ecosystem of managed security service providers.
- The content: Written for MSSPs, SOC as a Service (SOCaaS), Managed Detection and Response (MDR), Extended Detection and Response (XDR), MSP threat hunters and security providers, and those who need to partner with such companies.
- Frequency and Format: Every morning at work. Usually one or two sentences for each item below.
- Reach our inbox: Send news, tips and rumors to the Editorial Director [email protected]. Thanks in advance for the news tips.
A. MSSP, MDR, XDR and Cybersecurity Market News Today
1. Talent – MDR: deep surveillance has hired Accenture veteran John Lionato as executive vice president of security operations.
2. Talent – Cloud SOAR & SIEM: sumo logic has named Tej Redkar to the newly created position of product manager and Sophia Kitson as director of human resources.
3. MSP Software – Cloud Data Protection: N-able has released Ensenada Data Protectiona cloud-first data protection as a service (DPaaS) solution.
4. Security scan: OccamSec has released a combined platform that supports continuous penetration testing and vulnerability scanning.
5. Endpoint Security: Syx Sense has unveiled Syxsense Companyan endpoint security and IT management solution that “offers real-time vulnerability monitoring and instant remediation for every endpoint across an organization’s network environment,” the company said.
6. App Security: nVisium has “expanded and enhanced its range of cloud security service offerings” to “comprise deeper analysis of cloud-native architecture and code remediation services,” the company said.
7. Qualys Partner Program: Qualys has launched an enhanced channel and integration partner program.
8. Apple Mac Device Security: 1 Password for Mac is now available.
9. Threat detection as code: main SOC has launched Detection as Code on Demand, a subscription model that will allow users to “faster and more cost-effectively access relevant Detection-as-Code content from the SOC Prime platform,” the company said.
10. Cybersecurity Services and Executive Protection: blackcloak has launched its North American Partner Program. The program enables channel partners and MSPs to provide a SaaS-based cybersecurity and privacy solution that “protects the digital lives (online privacy, personal devices, and home networks) of corporate executives, members of the board of directors and key company personnel. saying.
11. Suspected hackers connected to China: SentinelLabs Researchers are tracking the activity of a China-aligned cyber espionage threat actor operating in Central Asia, dubbed Moshen Dragon, the security company said.
12. Ransomware Attack: Kellogg Community College has canceled classes indefinitely following a ransomware attack discovered over the weekend, the Detroit Free Press reported.
B. Cybersecurity financing
Startups to line up funding include…
1. Identity and access management: teleport has raised $110 million in Series C funding led by Bessemer Venture Partners with participation from Insight Partners and existing investors Kleiner Perkins and S28 Capital.
2. API Security: trackable AI it has increased $60 million in Series B funding led by Institutional Venture Partners (IVP), and other investors include Tiger Global Management and existing investors Unusual Ventures and BIG Labs.
3. Automated Application Security Testing: ShiftLeft has raised $29 million in funding from cybersecurity-focused investor SYN Ventures and Blackstone Innovations Investments with participation from existing investors.
C. Calendar of MSSP, MDR and Cybersecurity Conferences and Virtual Events
- Fortinet Accelerate 2022 (May 10-13, Virtual)
- Black Hat Asia 2022 (May 10-13, Singapore)
- Microsoft Security Summit 2022 (May 12, virtual)
- ForgeRock IDLive 2022 (May 23-25, Austin, Texas)
- join us: MSSP Alert Live (September 19-21, Washington, DC)
- Cousin: Full Calendar of MSSP Alert Events