— shawn bice he returned to Microsoft to serve as corporate vice president of cloud security. Bice left a general manager position at Microsoft in 2016 to become vice president of databases at Amazon.
“Security is a data issue, and I have spent most of my career building distributed data systems,” Bice said in a blog post. Most recently, Bice was president of products and technology at data platform company Splunk.
Athey is also the founder of the Laboratory of Social Impact of Golub Capital, a Stanford effort to improve social sector organizations through digital technology and social science research. She has previously announced plans to step down from the board of Seattle pet care company Rover in August.
— Leaving a couple of Amazon’s top black leaders who helped oversee the company’s e-commerce operations:
- Alicia Boler-DavisSenior Vice President of Global Customer Fulfillment and Amazon Senior Leadership Team (S-team) Member
- david bozmanVice President of Amazon Transportation Services
Their departures come as Amazon reshuffles its operations organization. On Tuesday, the company announced that Doug HerringtonA veteran of Amazon’s consumer business, he will be promoted to the new role of CEO of Worldwide Amazon Stores following the departure of top consumer executive Dave Clark. read more here.
Saabas also previously served as an advisor to MagniX and chairman of its technical steering committee. “I am excited to take on a larger role at magniX at a critical stage as we move from product development to certification and commercialization,” said Saabas in a declaration.
MagniX announced a partnership last year to develop electric commuter aircraft with Vancouver, BC-based Harbor Air Seaplanes and Swiss battery company H55, and recently secured $74.3 million from NASA.
outgoing president dominique sprag He will stay with the company as a consultant.
— Logistic start Shipio you are building your leadership team. contracted shipium Shilpa Tiwari as vice president of engineering and data science, Jason Kerner as senior vice president of sales engineering, and Brian Thom as vice president of sales.
Shipium raised $27 million this spring to fuel the growth of its tools to help eCommerce stores manage compliance. The startup targets midsize retailers that can’t afford to develop the kind of software giants like Amazon and Walmart use to coordinate and streamline e-commerce operations.
Other personnel changes in the Pacific Northwest tech industry:
- joseph williams United infosys as a consulting partner, leading his global cybersecurity strategy consulting group. He will remain in Seattle, where he was previously Seattle’s director of Pacific Northwest National Laboratory.
- Randall Tau moved from Amazon Transportation Services a NEXTwhere he is senior vice president of operations.
- mike kaplan he is now vice president of business development at the satellite company LeoStella. Previously, he was vice president of new business development for defense and space at Belcan.