Application Closing Date: 06/27/2022
- Research Assistant – £28,756 to £33,309 per year.
- Researcher – £34,304 to £36,382 per year.
Job category/type: Research
The School of Electronics, Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EEECS) at Queen’s University Belfast is currently seeking to appoint an exceptional candidate for the position of Researcher or Research Assistant.
The successful candidate will play a key role within QUB’s Strategic Center for Secure Information Technology (CSIT) and participate in challenging cyber security-related research projects with national and international academic and industrial partners. The incumbent will contribute to CSIT research as part of the UK’s National Research Institute for Reliable Interconnected Cyber-physical Systems (RITICS), to prototype new network technologies for secure communications in embedded industrial IoT devices and will contribute to a major European Union of 5 million euros. (H2020-ICT-2018-20) collaborative project between leading European universities and world-class industrial partners to improve the security and reliability of next-generation distributed autonomous real-time embedded systems. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to engage with industry partners, such as BMW, the German Space Agency (DLR), Vector Informatik GmbH and FentISS, in the development of proof-of-concept demonstrators.
This is a fixed-term contract available until December 31, 2023. Fixed-term contract positions are available for the period indicated in the first instance, but in particular circumstances may be renewed or made permanent subject to the availability of funds.
The successful candidate must have and their CV/Cover Letter (or application form) must clearly demonstrate that they have:
Research Assistant (AC1):
- 2:1 Honors degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (EEE) / Computer Science (CS) / Mathematics (or related discipline).
- Demonstrable experience of at least 1 year in:
- Systems level or embedded software development skills (preferably in C/C++/Python).
- Experience in IoT device security or industrial control (SCADA), network security or embedded systems security.
(in addition to the above)
- Have, or be about to obtain, a Ph.D. in EEE/CS/Cyber Security.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in:
- Embedded systems, IoT, industrial control, cybersecurity, risk analysis and threat modeling preferably of embedded systems.
- Experience in risk assessment (DREAD), threat modeling (STRIDE, PASTA), attack models (MITRE ATT&CK, Cyber Kill Chain) and related frameworks.
- Experience in product development life cycle and secure development practices.
Please note that the above is not an exhaustive list. For more information about the position, including essential and desirable criteria, please click on the Candidate Information link below.
Queen’s University is committed to promoting equal opportunities for all. We have created an inclusive culture by establishing networks of staff such as I get up (Race) and PRISM (LGBTQ+) that help us advance equality.
We are also subscribed to Equality Charter Marks, such as the NI Diversity Charter Mark, as well as Athena Swan. For more information about our commitment to Equality, Diversity and Inclusion, visit: www.qub.ac.uk/diversity; www.qub.ac.uk/qgi Y www.qub.ac.uk/sites/StaffGateway/StaffNetworks/.
Informal inquiries to: Kammy Fong – email@example.com