The Rabbinical Court collaborates with Google Cloud as part of the Nimbus project
Partnership will accelerate cloud transformation and better serve its citizens
SUNNYVALE, Calif.Y JERUSALEM, April 11, 2022 /PRNewswire/ — Today, Google Cloud and the Israeli judiciary, The Rabbinical Court, announced a collaboration to accelerate their cloud transformation journey. This new collaboration will see the Rabbinical Court leverage Google Cloud infrastructure, storage, and applications to better serve its Israeli citizens.
Following Google Cloud’s victory in the Nimbus bid to provide cloud services to the Israeli government, the Rabbinical Courts migrated most of their workloads to Google Cloud with minimal business disruption and cost-effective implementation. Google Cloud also needed to design a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) solution to allow dozens of employees to work in a virtual environment, from home, safely due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Google Cloud has created a partner interconnection with a high level of security that allows the customer to work directly with the VDI stations.
The Rabbinical Courts, the legal Jewish authority in Israel, deals with issues related to divorce, property, child custody rights, wills, inheritance, confirmation of Jewish status, and conversion. There are 12 regional rabbinical courts throughout the country, with the Jerusalem High Court serving as the court of appeal. President of the Rabbinical Court, heads the Grand Court and serves as Chief Rabbi of Israel. The organization is led by an executive director appointed by the Minister for Religious Affairs.
The two organizations will collaborate to:
- Further enhance the citizen experience: By leveraging many of Google Cloud’s products and services, including infrastructure, applications, and more, courts will drive operational efficiency and create more compelling experiences for their citizens. This includes helping citizens access the documents they need to smoothly navigate court proceedings, such as a divorce.
- Accelerate cloud transformation: Courts are using Google Cloud-based infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) products, such as storage, networking, and compute, to more quickly digitize their operations in the cloud.
- Strengthen the security of citizen data: Courts are testing Cloud Identity to help protect organizational data with a wide variety of multi-factor authentication (MFA) verification methods, such as push notifications, Google Authenticator, and phishing-resistant Titan Security Keys, all while ensuring privacy of citizen data. .
- Maintain and manage databases: Courts use the Google Cloud Structured Query Language that helps your organization set up, maintain, manage, and administer relational databases on the Google Cloud Platform.
- Association with WideOps: WideOps has been chosen by Google Cloud to perform the RBC migration. Using native Google Cloud tools, the WideOps team of migration experts managed to migrate the entire RBC infrastructure to Google Cloud while adhering to high architecture and security standards, resulting in a robust environment. , highly available and secure. Due to the seamless deployment process, RBC staff can get on with their work with little or no impact to the end user experience.
“We are thrilled to be working with Google Cloud on the next stage of our digital transformation journey,” said CIO Mr. uri aaronson. “We look forward to this collaboration to develop applications that will make our services faster and more accessible to our Israeli citizens.”
“We are delighted to begin providing services to the Rabbinical Court and improving the lives of Israelis across the country,” he said. shay morHead of Government and Public Sector, Google Cloud, Israel.
About the Google cloud
Google Cloud accelerates every organization’s ability to digitally transform their business. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology, all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
SOURCE Google Cloud