“Since we did our virtual summits in 2020, we’ve had the privilege of hosting many people who have never attended SANS events before, and we’ve learned a lot about the different ways people consume and process information,” he said. jennifer santiago, Director of Content Development for SANS Institute Summits. “We respect individual learning and work styles, and we’re excited to bring to the community this content specifically dedicated to celebrating the unique talents and contributions of neurodivergent cybersecurity professionals. We look forward to sharing tools and tactics to help these individuals thrive.” in their cybersecurity careers.”
“A sense of community not only brings together people of all learning styles within the cybersecurity industry, but also has great influence on schools, government, employers and service providers to collaborate in changing the how we support these people,” said Theresa Thomasthe SANS Summit Advisory Board and the MITER Corporation Neurodiverse Talent Enablement Program Leader.
The ND in Cybersecurity Summit is free and open to everyone. will begin at 9 a.m. Eastern time on May 12 and is worth 6 Summit CPE credits. Featured presentations, panels and speakers will include:
- Welcome and opening remarks with Steph I., Cloud Security Operations Analyst II, Duo Security
- Keynote Speech: The Journey Towards Inclusion with Nicola Whiting MBE, co-owner, Titania Ltd
- Neurotypical Dears: What We Wish Coworkers and Managers Acquainted with Nicola Whiting MBE, Co-Owner, Titania Ltd; Nathan Chungsenior consultant, Azure Cloud and AI, Microsoft; megan roddieSenior Security Engineer, IBM, Robert “RJ” Scharf, Cyber Security Analyst
- Learning to heal: how neurodivergent adults can recover from years of educational trauma with pete jarrettManaging Director, Tutorum Technologies Ltd
- Recruitment, training and retention of neurodivergent talent with Jennifer FeldmanRSU, Manager, Corporate Engagement, Inclusion and Accessibility Advocate, Specialist USA; Y Theresa ThomasProgram Leader, Empowering Neurodiverse Talent, MITER
- The Real STEM Sadie: Owning Your Story with Sadie GauthierSROC Engineer, SANS Institute
- Self-Attack Dashboard for Success: Self-Management Strategies to Avoid Burnout, Stay Healthy, and Get Things Done with Steph I., Cloud Security Operations Analyst II, Duo Security; Cat Contillo, Threat Operations Analyst II, Huntress; Cassandra Pierre, AVP-Global Functions Technology Talent Development, Citi; Y Lisa VenturaFounder, Cyber Security Unit
To see the full agenda and more details about the event, visit: https://www.sans.org/cyber-security-training-events/neurodiversity-cybersecurity-summit-2022/.
About the SANS Institute
The SANS Institute was established in 1989 as a cooperative research and education organization. Today, SANS is the most trusted and by far the largest provider of cybersecurity training and certification for government and business professionals worldwide. Renowned SANS instructors teach more than 60 courses at in-person, virtual, and on-demand cybersecurity events. GIAC, a subsidiary of the SANS Institute, validates the skills of professionals through more than 35 practices, techniques cybersecurity certifications
and provides the highest and most rigorous guarantee of knowledge and skills in cybersecurity worldwide. The SANS Technological InstituteAn independent, regionally accredited subsidiary, it offers master’s and bachelor’s degrees, graduate certificates, and an undergraduate certificate in cybersecurity. SANS Security Awareness, a division of SANS, provides organizations with a complete end-to-end security awareness solution, enabling them to manage their “human” cybersecurity risk easily and effectively. SANS also offers a wide variety of free resources to the InfoSec community, including consensus projects, research reports, webcasts, podcasts, and newsletters; it also operates the Internet’s early warning system: the Internet Storm Center. At the heart of SANS are many security professionals, representing diverse global organizations, from corporations to universities, working together to support and educate the global information security community. www.sans.org
SOURCE SANS Institute